Bethesda List Center
Mailing List Provider.
List broker in Bethesda, Maryland.
Get your mailing list orders filled by experienced professionals.
Our Bethesda, Maryland Neighbors
National Institutes of Health
NIH is the nation’s medical research agency – making important medical discoveries that improve health and save lives. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research. Helping to lead the way toward important medical discoveries that improve people’s health and save lives, NIH scientists investigate ways to prevent disease as well as the causes, treatments, and even cures for common and rare diseases.
NIH Institutes and Centers:
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) – Established in 1937
- National Eye Institute (NEI) – Established in 1968
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) – Established in 1948
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) – Established in 1989
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) – Established in 1974
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) – Established in 1970
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) – Established in 1948
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) – Est. in 1986
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) – Established in 2000
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) – Established in 1962
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) – Established in 1988
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) – Established 1948
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) – Established in 1948
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – Established in 1973
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) – Established in 1969
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) – Established in 1962
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) – Established in 1949
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) – Established in 1950
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) – Established in 1986
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) – Established in 1956
- Center for Information Technology (CIT formerly DCRT, OIRM, TCB) – Established in in 1964
- Center for Scientific Review (CSR) – Established in 1946
- John E. Fogarty International Center (FIC) – Established in 1968
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) – Established in 1999
- National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NCMHD) – Established in 1993
- National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) – Established in 1962
- NIH Clinical Center (CC) – Established in 1953
National Library of Medicine
The National Library of Medicine (NLM), on the campus of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, is the world’s largest medical library. The Library collects materials and provides information and research services in all areas of biomedicine and health care.
Bethesda Naval Hospital
The National Naval Medical Center is one of the nation’s largest and most renowned military medical centers, best known for its history of providing care to war heroes and presidents alike for the past 65 years. People come here to heal, to stay healthy, to help others, to teach the next generation, to practice quality medicine, and take part in cutting-edge clinical research.
NNMC is comprised of nearly 4,500 professionals who make it their daily mission to serve you. Each may have varying jobs, yet all work together to accomplish the vision of our medical center. That vision is to be the Flagship of Force Health Protection and operational readiness; to deliver outstanding customer service; maintain outstanding opportunities in graduate medical and dental education and research; and always deliver world-class health care within an integrated system.