Bethesda List Center
Mailing List Provider.
List broker in Bethesda, Maryland.
Get your mailing list orders filled by experienced professionals.
Our Bethesda Maryland Neighbors – Bethesda Maryland Tour
Bethesda Maryland Neighbors to Bethesda List Center along with many other renowned institutions like National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, National Naval Medical Center.
NIH is the nation’s medical research agency – making also important medical discoveries that improve health and save lives. Furthermore, The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Moreover, the Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research. Helping to lead the way toward important medical discoveries that improve people’s health and save lives, NIH scientists investigate ways to prevent disease as well as the causes, treatments, and even cures for common and rare diseases.
NIH Institutes and Centers:
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) – Established in 1937
- National Eye Institute (NEI) – Established in 1968
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) – Established in 1948
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) – Established in 1989
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) – Established in 1974
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) – Established in 1970
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) – Established in 1948
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) – Est. in 1986
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) – Established in 2000
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) – Established in 1962
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) – Established in 1988
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) – Established 1948
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) – Established in 1948
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – Established in 1973
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) – Established in 1969
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) – Established in 1962
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) – Established in 1949
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) – Established in 1950
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) – Established in 1986
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) – Established in 1956
- Center for Information Technology (CIT formerly DCRT, OIRM, TCB) – Established in in 1964
- Center for Scientific Review (CSR) – Established in 1946
- John E. Fogarty International Center (FIC) – Established in 1968
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) – Established in 1999
- National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NCMHD) – Established in 1993
- National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) – Established in 1962
- NIH Clinical Center (CC) – Established in 1953
The National Library of Medicine (NLM), on the campus of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, is, undoubtedly, the world’s largest medical library. Moreover, the Library collects materials and provides information and research services in all areas of biomedicine and health care.
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
During the past years, the major military hospital you see in this picture was informally known as Bethesda Naval Hospital.
A major military reorganization in 2011 set about the change to what has rather become the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC). So, this hospital is a now a joint services facility serving all military branches . The hospital still serves the President and Members of Congress as well. The campus has a hospital, a school to teach medical personnel as well as traditional military post offerings including stores, restaurants and housing.