ObesityWeek® 2022 Email Transmission Instructions
If you haven’t already, please complete your registration and purchase the list. Dates will not be held until this is complete.
Step 1: Request a transmission date
Step 2: Submit Email Content for approval
All marketing materials are subject to approval prior to distribution. Messages should be in .html format but can be submitted via PDF at this stage. Each
copy must display the required disclaimer. Please add the disclaimer to the message prior to submitting it for approval: This is being sent on behalf of (YOUR COMPANY NAME HERE) and is not part of ObesityWeek® 2022 as planned by The Obesity Society. This company is neither sponsored nor endorsed by ObesityWeek®.
Step 3: Prepare for your order:
Email Message: All messages must be in .HTML format. A text version is requested, but not required.
- HTML Version: (.html file format). All images should be hosted. Image hosting is available for a small additional fee.
- Plain text version: no dynamic links (ex. www.bethesda-list.com, not Bethesda List Center), no images or special characters. (.txt file format). This is not required but is suggested for recipients that may have high-security settings and only receive plain text messages.
From Line: The from line of each message will say: ObesityWeek on behalf of Your Company Name Here
Subject Line: Create a subject line for your message. You are encouraged to keep it under 44 characters to avoid truncating. The maximum for mobile devices would be 25-30 characters.
Snippet/Pre-Header Text: When viewing an inbox, an email snippet is the very first line of text that your email recipient will see, following the email subject line. Some good practices when determining your snippet:
- Snippets should remain between 40-50 characters in length.
- They should be a continuation of the subject line.
- Include a specific, actionable CTA to encourage readers to open the message.
Seeds/Decoy Email Addresses: List of email addresses for yourself and colleagues (if requested). These email addresses will be used to send a test of each message for approval as well as the final deployment of your message. Addresses are added to track delivery and quality.
Step 4: Place your order for transmission. All orders should be placed at least a week in advance of your approved transmission date.
- Each transmission includes 2 test messages. Additional tests will incur an additional fee per test.
- Creative services are available. Fees will apply to convert messages to HTML or remove coding from a 3rd party system. Inquire for details.